It was a thrill to be a part of a completely new, consumer-facing program and web property with such an iconic organization. Unique Lodges of the World is a National Geographic curated collection of world-class accommodations where sustainability is at the core of their mission and the guest experience is exceptionally rich and meaningful.
- Design an experience which celebrated the global nature of the Lodges inventory
- Plan for the future of the program by establishing a browsing experience utilizing both location and themes/activities as wayfinding
- Create a UI structure for Lodge pages which allowed content administrators flexibility when generating content for individual Lodges
- Establish a logical reservation workflow which met the business requirements of their pre-existing booking process
Since this is a new venture for National Geographic, there was much to resolve regarding the booking process and exactly where the site exists in the canon of their current online travel experiences.
Ultimately, the project was able to be free of their older, non-responsive template constraints and we were able to design a brand new experience from the ground up while influencing larger, systemic design changes for National Geographic Travel.
- Led the requirements gathering process and directed the UX phase
- Generated outline for lodge content and planned for on-going governance
- Developed user flows and site architecture
- Designed wireframes in collaboration with design